- Economic Development
- COVID-19 Mitigation Grant
COVID-19 Mitigation Business Grant
--THIS GRANT PROGRAM HAS NOW CLOSED AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE--
Apply for the Grant Program
Starting at Noon on November 1, 2021, the Town of Carrboro will begin accepting applications for the COVID-19 Mitigation Business Grant program. Applicants should fully review the Program Policy and the FAQ prior to completing the application. Paper copies of the grant application are available at Carrboro Town Hall.
Completed applications and supporting documentation may be submitted at Town Hall or via email at EconDev@CarrboroNC.gov. Grants must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, November 19th.
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, please:
- Make sure the application is signed (digitally or the signature page printed, signed, and scanned back in);
- Know that the strongest applications will have additional documents, financial statements, or tax records that backs up any claims made (including prioritization criteria) in the application;
- Verify that all boxes in a row on the budget worksheet are completely filled out and that the grant categories are applicable under the grant policy;
Grant Briefing Webinar
***Please note, the Policy has been changed since the recording of the webinar below. While the recording still provides beneficial information, please review the Summary of Significant Changes below and the Policy after watching the webinar.***
Summary of Significant Changes
- Section 1.1 – included "social businesses" as qualifying to apply
added: businesses required to retain at least the current number of full-time equivalent employees for at least 6-months
- Section 2.2 – clarified that committee recommendations will go to Town Council for final approval
- Section 2.3 – added: “businesses owned by, employing, or serving low to moderate income persons”; “woman businesses”; points assigned to various priorities
removed: “businesses providing a dollar match with non-federal funds” and “businesses within 500 feet of the proposed 203 Project”
- Section 3.2 – Limitations on dollar or percent used for training new- or under-skilled employees removed
Maximum grant award changed from “$20,000” to “$10,000”
- Section 3.4 – Timeline to spend funds increase from “1 year” to “18 months”
- Section 4 – Reporting simplified to every 6-months until a Final Report is submitted.
- Section 6 – added: “Low to Moderate Income Persons”, “Woman Businesses”, and "Social Business"
An All Business Briefing on the COVID-19 Mitigation Business Grant webinar was held on Wednesday, August 11 at 9:00am. You can view a recording of the webinar below.