COVID-19 Community Resources
The Town of Carrboro and our neighboring towns of Chapel Hill and Hillsborough, Orange County, the schools, community nonprofits and others are working hard to respond to the devastating impact COVID-19 is having on residents and small businesses in our communities.
On this page, you will find links to community resources and assistance funding. Lists are updated frequently. If you know of a resource to add, or have updates to the current listings, please contact Anne-Marie Vanaman, firstname.lastname@example.org..
People in housing crisis can call the Housing Helpline, 919-245-2655, to talk with someone:
- Monday - Friday, Noon-4pm
- Sunday - Thursday overnight, midnight - 6am
- No In-person services during COVID period
- Questions can also be sent to: email@example.com
Click the link to see if you are eligible for Emergency Housing Assistance, or to apply.
For more information:
The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina distributes food every Wednesday to Orange County residents.
To maintain social distancing, distribution is drive-through service. Food is provided on a first come, first served basis from 10am–12:30pm.
Please have enough room in your trunk for the food box to make the process as contact-free as possible.
Upcoming locations, dates, and times are:
- August 19: Eubanks Road Park and Ride Lot, Chapel Hill, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- August 26: Eubanks Road Park and Ride Lot, Chapel Hill, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- August 27: Carrboro High School, 201 Rock Haven Road, Carrboro, 9:30-11:30 am
- For the most current information and to locate food near you, you can use their Food Finder.
The Town of Chapel Hill has also created these Food Distribution Flyers:
Food Distribution Flyer-English
NCCOVIDSUPPORT.ORG - Interactive
You can also call the Orange County Department of Social Services if you need assistance, 919-245-2800.